Wednesday, May 28, 2014

I Make Random Stops. Abruptly!



 I have a crazy eye for wildflowers. When I see them along side the road they just scream out to me, "Come back! Take a look!" I love to make random stops, abruptly, in  the middle of the road. I can even be on the interstate and just randomly pull over to take a look.

Wildflowers seem to be one way for God to say, "Oh taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man who trusts in Him." Psalm 34:8  It seems to be that when I am going through something or just need to know that God is still there He throws a wildflower in my view. He knows I can't resist. And this day was no different.

There we were, driving down a rural road after a summer time down pour. And there it was. Just standing tall, beautiful, the prettiest shade of purple. I love purples. My wedding colors were purple and white. Purple is the color of royalty. I am royalty because I AM HIS! .....Where was I? Oh yes, on a rural road .....
                             I saw the purple and it was screaming at me!!! Everything else around it was green, all shades of green. The different shades of green made the different shades of purples STAND OUT and SCREAM at me!!  "COME and SHOOT ME!!", it said. I slammed on my breaks. All of us in the car were thrusted forward as if we had hit a brick wall. My kids, with their faces in their ipods, were oblivious to the glorious site I had just seen or else they might have known to brace themselves for another of mom's random stops. I quickly found a place to park my car safely off the road. I grabbed my phone and ran. Yes, I did. I ran. I ran because this was beautiful. God is beautiful, too. And He spoke to me in that moment saying, "My people need to run to me like this."
It was sprinkling and had just poured down a few minutes before we arrived. "Just don't fall, just don't fall", I was whispering to myself as I was running. What I didn't realize when I had driven by these wildflowers was that there was a small ditch I would have to jump over. I was able to jump over the ditch and shoot a few photos. They were gorgeous!!  I was in awe of the beauty of God's creation. Do you ever feel that way when you see something beautiful? I see God in everything. I see Him because I look for Him. He is there.
       
As I turned to head back to the car the ground felt different. I wasn't as cautious as I had been upon my approach to the ditch, even though I had been running. Now I had a new challenge, get back to the car before another down pour, the sprinkles were turning into a full rain. Cars were starting to come from nowhere. I could hear them. I just needed to get across the road. I approached the ditch and that was when it happened...
                                                    One foot slipped out from under me and down I went onto the side of the ditch, a very muddy ditch. I could hear the cars fast approaching and I needed to get up and get moving!! But I couldn't because I was too busy laughing. I was laughing so hard because I just knew my kids were going to be so embarrassed. They were in the car probably just in a panic over what they had witnessed. I was imagining them screaming out "Mom! Get up before people drive by and see you!! Gosh, you are so embarrassing! GET UP and COME ON!"  But that was not the case. Not at all.
       
Notice that the back of my shirt reads: "Happy, Happy, Happy" - and I could do nothing but laugh





I was laughing so hard when I made it back to the car that my daughter asked, "Are you crying?" I said, "No, I fell. Did you not see me? It was funny!!" My son, in the back seat, has his face in his ipod and has no clue what he just missed.

"Kids, if you do not keep a close watch on your mother, how are you ever going to have any stories to tell?" 


6 comments:

  1. Too Funny...I can just see you doing this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right. If we have any earthquakes you'll know why now.

      Delete
  2. I love this! Great story---and such a great way to get us thinking about God's goodness! Awesome photo, too---I'm loving everything you have to share!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That means so much coming from you!!

      Delete
  3. Funny! Beautiful flower, too.

    ReplyDelete