Saturday, May 31, 2014

Books, Anyone?

Once Upon a Time Books


This morning my husband and I had a few hours to ourselves so we planned BIG! That's right, he took me to a used-book warehouse in a neighboring town.  For years I have known about this book warehouse but it wasn't opened to the public. It is mainly an online book store. If you lived local you could go online, order your book and pick it up from the warehouse. But you were not allowed to go in and browse - UNTIL NOW!! 
That's right folks, now you can. There are a few restrictions. They have one enormous room in the back with what I call a 'free roam pass'. That just simply means you can take the books off the shelves, flip through the pages, sniff the pages (who doesn't do that?), sit in the floor and enjoy yourself.
Out on the main warehouse floor they have designated areas with large cardboard boxes filled to  overflowing. It is such a beautiful sight that I thought my eyes would cry. My fingers couldn't wait to get a hold of a book. They enjoy flipping the pages so my nostrils can smell the aroma as it floats up into my face.
Upon entering the doors of Once Upon a Time Books, in Springdale, you will be greeted by their friendly staff. They are eager to give you a tour and show you which books are up for grabs and which are not. Again, they are primarily an online store so if you mess books in certain areas you will mess their system up. THAT is highly frowned upon. DO NOT do that. It is not nice. Because afterall, if I order a book online from them - their system saying they have the book I am requesting- and then a few days later they send me an e-mail saying they can not find the book I requested - I will KNOW it was YOU! You who messed with the books in the restricted area. So please heed their wishes and browse only where they have allowed.
The books are cheap. Affordable. Lovely. Out-of-print. Rare. Collectable. Readable. 
Are children allowed? I will say yes. And one day I may stop in with my children. The staff is good to remind you in a friendly manner if you have stepped outside the approved browsing area. As a mom, I enjoyed going without my children. But I know they would have had a field day in those huge cardboard boxes of books.

If you are planning a trip to Once Upon a Time Books and need more information, they can be found at  www.onceuponatimebooks.com or you can call them at 479-306-9574. You can also find them on Facebook.com/onceuponatimebooksAR    Right now they are running a FREE BOOKS give away for the summer but you have to like them on Facebook. 

 I had just found some great Artist books for our artist study in the fall. I paid $1 each for 3 of the books and $2 each for 2 of the books on the artists. Some books I bought were a whooping $.75. How awesome is that!! 


Please Note: I was not compensated for the review of this establishment. It was my first time visiting and I had a very pleasant experience and wanted to share it with others.


3 comments:

  1. I need to make a correction: I am not sure that they have never had a browsing section but if my memory serves me right, they didn't. Perhaps I will be corrected on that. The point is: NOW they do and they are super friendly people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness. LANA!! WHEN are you taking me here? I feel like I'm goona cry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah! That place is awesome! :) So glad you got to go! (I think they've had a browsing section for a while, but most of it wasn't alphabetized, prices weren't clearly marked, etc.) Yes, definitely go back with the kids. My kids love it there! ♥

    ReplyDelete