Thursday, May 22, 2014

Covered Bridge at Green Mountain in Alabama


(Above Picture: was taken when part of our adventurous life moved us to Alabama)

Welcome to my site. I am so glad you decided to stop by and check it out. I will tell you that I was extremely indecisive on a name for this blog. I have two others and coming up with their names was quiet easy but this one, not so much. 
I love life and I love the adventure that it is. I love meeting new people and traveling, even if it's the back roads of Arkansas's rural counties, that counts as a traveling adventure for sure.

In the south we have stories to tell. My grandpa was always telling stories. I remember pulling into the drive way, jumping out of the car and running past him on the porch. He would be sitting outside telling his stories and then all of his captive audience would burst into laughter. I would stop and go over to listen. I never knew the people he was talking about. I was just too young but I always remember him talking, telling stories. He made them sound so interesting. Or maybe it was the faces of those listening that made me think that he was telling an interesting story. Either way, as I look back on those gatherings with grandpa, I realized he had lived adventures. He just lived. He worked in his garden. He had adventures. He had neighbors that he knew. They talked. He had adventures. He was a farmer in the Arkansas Delta region. He had adventures. He was a husband, a dad, a grandpa and a great-grandpa. He had adventures. He drove an old beat up truck. He had adventures. He couldn't read. He had adventures. He lived. He just lived and the adventures came. Adventures come to us in our everyday lives.

Your adventures will be different from anyone else's. They are like finger prints. No two adventures are alike. Come along as I share my adventures and I hope you will share yours with me.

Life is one big Adventure!



6 comments:

  1. Lana, you have definitely inspired me to be more adventurous already! I'm excited to hang out with you---you have such a joy and desire to experience fun, new things! So glad we're friends and I'm super excited that you're blogging now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had a "like" button for your kind words. I am so thankful that our paths crossed when they did. You are a wonderful friend and I am looking forward to our time together in the future. Thanks for your assistance.

      Delete
  2. Living vicariously thorough you is an adventure! I love your spirit and all that you love including being the "original" nature girl and passing the torch! Keep on keeping on and thank you for taking me on the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read about your adventures. You are so full of life love how you let the love of Christ shine through you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kind words, thank you so much. I hope that I can encourage people in some way. Some adventures aren't always fun ones but it is still an adventure.

      Delete